Skip to content

Transcript Request

Transcripts for Secondary Students 

A transcript is an official document that shows your secondary school marks and credits in a British Columbia Graduation Program. It is a listing of a student's academic record relating to a B.C. Graduation Program, which includes courses completed successfully, grades earned, honours received, and graduation status. 

Your transcript, not your Graduation Certificate (diploma), is the legal document proving graduation. The Ministry sends transcripts to all Grade 12 and adult education program students in public schools at the end of July, regardless of graduation status. 


How do I get my Transcripts?

You can get a transcript through the Ministry of Education Student Transcripts Service. You will need to provide your Personal Education Number (PEN) which is a nine-digit number assigned to you when you entered our school system. This number can be found on student documents, such as your transcript or report cards.  


You may have a PEN if you:

  • Attended a B.C. K-12 school since 1993
  • Wrote a provincial exam since 1986 or
  • Attended a B.C. Public Post-Secondary Institution since 1998 

Before you can log into GetMyPEN you must set up the BC Services Card app or register for a Basic BCeIDIf you have already set up the BC Services Card app, or BCeID, you can login to GetMyPEN.


Order transcripts and certificates - Province of British Columbia (

You can use your PEN to:

  • View or order your secondary school transcript
  • Send your secondary school transcripts to post-secondary institutions
  • Order your graduation certificate
  • View your scholarships
  • View your provincial or graduation assessment results 

Students who do not have a PEN and are looking for transcript records will need to contact Coast Mountains School District 82 for more information.