As previously shared with all staff, MyEducationBC will go live on Monday morning, August 24, 2015. This means we will be operating in the school district’s “live data” and no longer within a test environment.
On Monday morning the CMSD82 Implementation Team for MyEducation BC will be engaged in support sessions with Fujitsu to accomplish post-conversion tasks. These tasks will involve initializing calendars, creating user accounts for staff, assigning bell schedules, assigning homerooms and assigning calendars to students, etc.
It is the goal of CMSD82 Implementation Team to activate as many staff as quickly as possible in MyEducationBC. Priority activation may be given to Resource Teachers. Please do not assume you will receive a username and password as early as Monday, August 24. The Implementation Team will be providing usernames and passwords as soon as possible.
For your information, please find a few points related to usernames and passwords:
- Your username name will consist of your first initial/last name.
- The password will be generic until the first time you log in and change your password.
- Please ensure that you include your email address in the initial change screen; this will enable the “forgot my password” functionality should you ever need it.
- Inclusion of phone numbers, addresses, etc. of staff is entirely up to the individual staff members. Level One support personnel will not be entering personal/private information of any staff members.
- Confirmation of your username and password will come from your School Principal as soon as they are complete.
- Sept. 3, 2015 – Clerical In-Service, Time and Location TBC
- Sept. 9, 2015 – Kitimat Learner Support In-Service, 1pm-3pm, Location TBC
- Sept. 10, 2015 – Open House, 4pm-5:30pm, Caledonia Secondary, Hazelton Secondary & Mount Elizabeth Middle/Secondary Schools
- Sept. 11, 2015 – Parkside Learner Support In-Service, 10am-12noon, Yellow School House (Board Office Complex)
- Sept. 14, 2015 – Terrace Learner Support In-Service, 1pm-3pm, Yellow School House (Board Office Complex)
- Sept. 15, 2015 – Terrace Learner Support In-Service, 1pm-3pm, Yellow School House (Board Office Complex)
- Sept. 17, 2015 – Hazelton Learner Support In-Service, 1pm-3pm, Location TBC
- Sept. 17, 2015 – Open House, 4pm-5:30pm, Caledonia Secondary, Hazelton Secondary & Mount Elizabeth Middle/Secondary Schools
- Sept. 22, 2015 – Stewart Learner Support In-Service, 9am-11am, Bear Valley School
In addition to the above-listed local in-service sessions, there are also very valuable live training sessions forthcoming. Training sessions will include:
- Student Scheduling – Sept. 1, 2015, 10am-12noon
- Teacher Gradebrook – Sept. 2, 2015, 1pm-3pm
- Class Size – Sept. 4, 2015 – 10am-12noon
- 1701 – Sept. 8, 2015 – 1pm-3pm
- Student Services Startup – Sept. 9, 2015 – 10am-12noon
- TRAX – Sept. 10, 2015 – 1pm-3pm
- At-Risk Student Tracking – Sept. 22, 2015 – 10am-12noon
- Report Cards – Elementary Schools – Oct. 8, 2015 – 1pm-3pm
- Report Cards – Middle/High Schools – Oct. 9, 2015 – 10am-12noon
- SADE – Oct. 14, 2015 – 10am-11:30am
- Groups and Pages – Nov. 17, 2015 – 9am-11am
The aforementioned live training sessions will also be recorded and can be found after the date on the Integrated Services Website (ISW) website at www.isw-bc.ca under MYEDBC General Resources. If you would like access to these live sessions, please contact Janet Meyer, Director of Instruction (School Support) or Lynn Lindstrom, Accounting Clerk/MyEdBC Coordinator.
For your information, provided below are the members of the Coast Mountains School District Implementation Team (reference previous post below):
It is the intention of the CMSD82 Implementation Team to make the transition to MyEducationBC as smooth as possible. If you have any questions related to MyEducationBC or the transition process, please feel free to discuss it with your School Principal or Vice Principal. If there is anything we can do to make this transition more effective, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Director of Instruction, School Support
Please find the following MyEducationBC documents for your information … please click on the individual link to open the document:
- Using the Mobile Interface in MyEducationBC – June 2015 v1.0
- MyEducationBC Top Ten Strengths – June 2015
- MyEducation BC Presentation to CMTF – June 24, 2015
The following documents were used during the June 2015 Teacher (End User) Training sessions … please click on individual link to open document:
- June Training Teacher Staff View and Gradebook Set Up
- June Training Fundamentals
- June Training Attendance Management
- June Training SD 73 Document Teacher Training
- June Training MYEDBC User Guide for Elementary Teachers
Should you have questions or require further information regarding these documents, please contact Janet Meyer, Director of Instruction School Support at (250) 638-4480 or 1-855-635-4931 Local 4480.
For your information, the
Coast Mountains School District 82 is part of the Wave 2 transition to MyEducationBC which will be replacing BCeSiS on August 24, 2015. In conjunction with this transition, school district personnel have been involved in training and planning for a smooth transition to this new Student Information System.
It is the CMSD82 Implementation Team’s intention to provide introductory in-service between now and the end of the school year. Further training will be provided in early September and supports are in place in each community for emergent issues.
The priority for Teachers will be that of attendance and gradebook set-up. If time permits in June, School Principals and Vice Principals may choose to venture into the area of report card entry, but that decision will be made on a school-by-school basis. If not dealt with in June, report card entry training will be provided well in advance of first term report cards.
- May 29, 2015 – Principals & Vice Principals Training (morning only), Board of Education Office and Caledonia Secondary School
- May 29, 2015 – CUPE ProD, this session is limited to CUPE and requires pre-registration
- June 11, 2015 – Terrace Clerical personnel, location TBA
- June 16, 2015 – Kitimat Clerical personnel, location TBA
- June 18, 2015 – Hazelton Clerical personnel, location TBA
- June 26, 2015 – Teacher In-Service, within individual schools (see note below)
- August 2015 – Middle/Secondary Counsellor Training
- Sept. 3, 2105 – Terrace Clerical personnel, location TBA
- Sept. 10, 2015 – Open House (one in Kitimat, Terrace and Hazelton)
- Sept. 15, 2015 – Resource Teacher/Elementary Counsellor Training (by invitation)
- Sept. 17, 2015 – Open House (one in Kitimat, Terrace and Hazelton)
*Note: Please be advised that School Principals may choose to use a time other than the June 26 date to conduct the Teacher In-Service (i.e. use staff meeting time and any other time as long as it fits within the confines of the Collective Agreement).
It is the intention of the CMSD82 Implementation team to make the transition to MyEducationBC as smooth as possible. If you have any questions related to MyEducationBC or the transition process, please feel free to discuss it with your School Principal or Vice Principal.
For your information, provided below are the members of the Coast Mountains School District Implementation Team:
|CMSD82 Team||Name / Title / Email||Contact No.|
|Executive Sponsor, Project Manager & District Training Coordinator||Janet Meyer
Director of Instruction
|Technical Support Staff 1||To Be Confirmed|
|Data Validation Coordinator||Lynn Lindstrom
Level One Support
|District Training Coordinator||Janet Meyer
Director of Instruction
|District Trainer 1||Keith Axelson
Principal Caledonia Secondary School
|Business Process Review Coordinator||Alanna Cameron
|Terrace Support||Phillip Barron
Principal, Skeena Middle School
|Terrace Support||Cory Killoran
Vice Principal, Skeena Middle School
|Terrace Support||Pam Kawinsky
Principal, Suwilaawks Community School
|Kitimat Support||Dan Striker
Vice Principal, Mt. Elizabeth Middle/Sec.
|Kitimat Support||David Mills
Principal, Nechako Elementary School
|Hazelton/Kitwanga/Stewart Support||Mark Newbery
Principal, Hazelton Secondary School
|Hazelton/Kitwanga/Stewart Support||Kristin Spooner
Secretary, Hazelton Secondary School
Thanking you in advance for your assistance as we transition through the implementation stages of the new Student Information System.
Director of Instruction, School Support