August 28, 2014
Dear Parents and Guardians:
As you are aware, the BC Teachers’ Federation (BCTF) and the BC Public School Employers’ Association (BCPSEA) reached an impasse with regard to negotiating a new contract during our last school year, and the BCTF escalated to a full-scale strike on June 17, 2014. Unfortunately, the two parties have not made significant progress over the summer months and so the possibility of school start-up following Labour Day is uncertain.
We remain hopeful that the two parties will reach a negotiated settlement before the school year is due to begin. As a result, a decision on school start-up will likely not be made until as late as Monday, September 1 to provide the maximum amount of time to reach a negotiated settlement. We encourage you to consult… Continue reading
I would like to welcome the school community to the 2014/2015 School Year! We are looking forward to working with all of you this year on behalf of Coast Mountains learners, and continue to make progress towards our district goals.
Shared Vision - “Coast Mountains School District shall become a high performance rural school district”
District Goals – To raise literacy levels in district elementary schools. – To increase success and graduation rates for all learners. – To challenge and engage all students, while increasing their ability to be socially responsible. – To support staff and student growth through professional learning, networking and the sharing of wise practices.
I look forward to continue leading the way to turn these goals into reality, and I hope you will all join the Board of Education, School District 82 staff and myself in this quest for successful learning.
If… Continue reading
The following Update of Bargaining between the BCTF and BCPSEA, as received late this afternoon, August 14 is provided for your information. Please click on the link to open the communique:
Please note that parents/guardians can further access information at these sources:
- Local radio stations
- Individual school websites
- Coast Mountains School District 82 website – www.cmsd.bc.ca
- British Columbia Public School Employers’ Association (BCPSEA) – www.bcpsea.bc.ca
- Labour Relations Board (LRB) – http://www.lrb.bc.ca/decisions
- British Columbia Teachers’ Federation (BCTF) – www.bctf.ca
In preparation for the 2014-2015 School Year, please find the School Supply Lists as provided by Coast Mountains School District schools:
- Bear Valley School (Primary, Elementary & Secondary) – 2014/15 Supply Lists
- Cassie Hall Elementary School (Grades 1 to 6) – 2014/15 Supply Lists
- Ecole Mountainview (Kindergarten to Grade 6) – 2014/15 Supply Lists
- Hazelton Secondary School (Grades 8 & 9) 2014-2015 Supply List
- Kildala Elementary School (English & French Immersion) – 2014/15 Supply Lists
- Kitwanga Elementary School (Kindergarten to Grade 7) – 2014-2015 Supply Lists
- Majagaleehl Gali Aks Elementary (Kindergarten to Grade 7) – 2014/15 Supply Lists
- Mount Elizabeth Middle School (Grades 7 & 8) – 2014/15 School Supply Lists
- Nechako Elementary School (Kindergarten to Grade 6) – 2014/15 Supply Lists
- New Hazelton Elementary School (Kindergarten to Grade 7) – 2014/15 Supply Lists
- Skeena Middle School (Grades 7 to 9) – 2014/15 Supply Lists
- Suwilaawks… Continue reading
Please be informed of the 2014 Summer Hours for the Board of Education Office as follows:
July 2 to August 29, 2014
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
Closed for Lunch – 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m.
The Board of Education Office will be closed to the public
July 14 to August 15, 2014 inclusive.
Should you require further information, please contact Carole Gagnon, Executive Assistant at the Board of Education Office at (250) 638-4401 or via email at email@example.com.
Happy summer holidays to all:)!