The following Update of Bargaining between the BCTF and BCPSEA, as received late this afternoon, August 14 is provided for your information. Please click on the link to open the communique:
Please note that parents/guardians can further access information at these sources:
- Local radio stations
- Individual school websites
- Coast Mountains School District 82 website – www.cmsd.bc.ca
- British Columbia Public School Employers’ Association (BCPSEA) – www.bcpsea.bc.ca
- Labour Relations Board (LRB) – http://www.lrb.bc.ca/decisions
- British Columbia Teachers’ Federation (BCTF) – www.bctf.ca
In preparation for the 2014-2015 School Year, please find the School Supply Lists as provided by Coast Mountains School District schools:
- Bear Valley School (Primary, Elementary & Secondary) – 2014/15 Supply Lists
- Cassie Hall Elementary School (Grades 1 to 6) – 2014/15 Supply Lists
- Ecole Mountainview (Kindergarten to Grade 6) – 2014/15 Supply Lists
- Hazelton Secondary School (Grades 8 & 9) 2014-2015 Supply List
- Kildala Elementary School (English & French Immersion) – 2014/15 Supply Lists
- Kitwanga Elementary School (Kindergarten to Grade 7) – 2014-2015 Supply Lists
- Majagaleehl Gali Aks Elementary (Kindergarten to Grade 7) – 2014/15 Supply Lists
- Mount Elizabeth Middle School (Grades 7 & 8) – 2014/15 School Supply Lists
- Nechako Elementary School (Kindergarten to Grade 6) – 2014/15 Supply Lists
- New Hazelton Elementary School (Kindergarten to Grade 7) – 2014/15 Supply Lists
- Skeena Middle School (Grades 7 to 9) – 2014/15 Supply Lists
- Suwilaawks… Continue reading
Please be informed of the 2014 Summer Hours for the Board of Education Office as follows:
July 2 to August 29, 2014
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
Closed for Lunch – 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m.
The Board of Education Office will be closed to the public
July 14 to August 15, 2014 inclusive.
Should you require further information, please contact Carole Gagnon, Executive Assistant at the Board of Education Office at (250) 638-4401 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy summer holidays to all:)!
If you are a student who is required to take a Provincial Exam this summer, please read the information below. Additional information can be found on the Ministry of Education web site. Since all exams are electronic, you can locate the sample exams through the link previously stated. If you have never attempted an electronic exam, it is suggested that you take the time to practice with the ‘past exams’.
Electronic Exams: All Grades 10-12 required Provincial Exams will be administered electronically.
Exam Centre Location: Skeena Middle School, 3411 Munroe Street, Terrace, B.C.
August Exam Schedule: August 11, 12 & 13, 2014
Click on the following link for information regarding the August 2014 Provincial Exams Schedule.
CMSD82 Superintendent Letter to Parents-Guardians re Report Cards – June 25,2014 (Letter in PDF format)
Dear Parents, Guardians and Caregivers:
I am writing to you today to provide you with an update on the status of report cards for Coast Mountains School District students.
Labour Relations Board (LRB) rulings received on June 12 and 20, 2014, respectively, provide the following essential services requirements for implementation by school districts province wide:
- Invigilation of Grade 10-12 Provincial Examinations.
- Compilation and submission of final grades for Grade 12 students in a form ready for entry into BCESIS no later than June 20, 2014.
- The delivery of final marks for Grade 10 and 11 students.
The Ministry of Education’s expectations based on the essential services designation received from the Labour Relations Board on June 12, 2014 is provided for your information:
- Report cards will be generated for Grade 12 students and… Continue reading